Sunday, February 24, 2019

Senator Imamuddin Shouqeen fetes Nawabshah journalists

By Rashid Zia Qureshi
(Pakistan News & Features Services)

Former President of Pakistan, Asif Ali Zardari, and the Chairman of Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) Bilawal Bhutto Zardari remain eager for the continued the fast development of Sindh, having directed PPP's elected representatives to expand the pace of ongoing projects. 

This was stated by PPP Senator Malik Imamuddin Shouqeen while congratulating newly elected office-bearers of the Nawabshah Union of Journalists (NUJ). 

He observed that the fruits of development programmes would soon start reaching the doorsteps of the masses. 

The Senator remarked that as per law, 65% of the oil and gas output from Sindh was to be utilized by Sindh while the remaining 35% was to be used by other provinces with Sindh to be having first right for utilization of energy sources produced in the province. 

"Serving the poor people of Sindh is the motto of PPP,” he said adding that merit would be the sole criterion for employment to jobless youth. 

He stated that besides members of Malik Community, he was keen to see that all communities living in Sindh prosper with special focus on our youth who were the real assets. 

He said that their capabilities would be explored for development and prosperity of Sindh and country as a whole. 

On the occasion President Nawabshah Union of Journalists, Muhammad Anwar Shaikh thanked the guest of honour Senator Imamuddin Shouqeen, Malik Iqbal Bhatti, Abdul Wahab and others. 

The Senator garlanded the NUJ President, Anwar Shaikh, and the General Secretary Arshad Ali Shaikh, Vice President Muhammad Arshad Munir, Joint Secretary Muhammad Aslam Azmi, Coordination Secretary Malik Muhammad Shafique and other elected office-bearers and wished them every success in the discharge of their professional responsibilities.